Church of Santa Maria Nuova
This dates back to the end of the 13th c. In the first decades of the 20th c. wooden furnishings, art objects and paintings were brought from other Gubbio churches to this particular church.
On the right-hand wall of the church can be seen the famous “Madonna of the Belvedere” (1413 ?), a masterpiece of Ottaviano Nelli. It is one of the most refined examples of international Gothic taste in our region. The other frescoes are also interesting, expecially those of the internal wall of the façade. Foremost among them is a “St. Michael the Archangel” attributed to the Salimbeni brothers from San Severino. “Abbot St. Anthony”, on the other hand, which can be seen on the left-hand wall, is attributed to the 14th c. painter Mello from Gubbio.