Church of Santa Maria della Piaggiola
Built in the early17th c. on the site of a previous chapel dedicated to the Madonna, it was inaugurated in 1625.
It was the seat of the Confraternities of the Gonfalon and of St. Francis of Paula. Prominent inside are the exquisite stuccos, largely by Palmerino Allegrucci, Francesco Caminoni and the Guidangeli brothers from Pesaro. The fresco on the high altar, which comes from the old chapel, is by Ottaviano Nelli.The other painting, removed together with its stone block (“Christ dead in the sepulchre”, 1st altar on the right) is attributed to Jacopo Bedi. Among the altarpieces there are works by Michelini (2nd altar on the left) and Allegrini (3rd altar on the left).