Church of the Madonna del Prato
In 1662 Bishop Sperelli blessed the first stone of this church; eight years later the miraculous picture of the “Madonna del Prato” was placed on the high altar.
The building, in baroque style, was constructed along the lines of the church of S. Carlino at the Quattro Fontane in Rome, work of Francesco Borromini. Only the façade differs from the illustrious model. The architect was Carlo Perugini of Gubbio. The interior stucco decoration is interesting. The dome was frescoed by Francesco Allegrini, aided by Louis Dorigny (1677-78). Other works present in the church are by Ciro Ferri, Gaetano Lapis and Domenico Viani.